We are the Institute of Government & Public Policy, based within the Royal Dockland School of Business and Law, University of East London. Our vision is to be a leading influencer and informer in the ongoing public policy development and debate.
Our partners and members benefit from an ever-increasing network where collaboration is central to what we do and what we believe in. Through ongoing engagement, our ethos is based on sharing knowledge and experience and bringing best practice to the fore to the benefit of the public policy making process and principles.
We partner with organisations that share our values and support our purpose to improve government and public policy making. Learn how an association with the Institute of Government and Public Policy can benefit your organisation.
Who we are
Our focus is on the importance of governance and public policy and how it impacts on all those it affects. Our belief is that the most productive and positive outcomes can only be delivered through enhancing knowledge, disseminating excellence, collaboration and ongoing discussions.
- Continuously look to innovate and shape public policy through staying at the forefront of the ongoing debates and discussions
- Ensure that Institute remains trusted and independent
- Use the knowledge, advice and expertise from our experts and stakeholders to keep moving forward and ensure we are central to the key sectoral debates and decisions across Government
- Attract, nurture and develop the very best talent
- Choose our partners carefully; collaboration is at the heart of our success
Our Core Values
- Treat each other how we expect to be treated
- Ensure diversity is embedded as an essential component in the way we work
- Always provide opportunities for people to develop personally and professionallAct with integrity to develop and maintain trust with colleagues, members and partners
- Deliver exceptional service at all times
What we do
We work to make government and public policy making more effective by informing, educating, disseminating excellence and facilitating action for our members, partners and communities.
Everything we do is driven by our mission to:
- Ensure that more voices and opinions are being heard and positively impacting the evolving public policy agenda
- Help our partners and members to inform and influence key debates and be central to public policy decision-making processes and principles
- Deliver maximum value in our output for all stakeholders who choose to engage with us
With this in mind, we have identified four main areas where we can support our partners, members and other stakeholders:
- CPD workshops, masterclasses and events to maintain sector knowledge
- Customised training to meet specific organisational needs
- Participating in communities of interest
- Sharing good practice, experiences & expertise to help our partners and members stay professionally competent
Peer to Peer support
- Numerous platforms to help inform, influence and network
- Regular engagement to enable sharing of best practice
Policy & Influence
- Provide our stakeholders with a gateway to public policy influence
- Provide information, advice and guidance on latest thinking and information
- Sector specific engagement and representation
- Thought leadership
Research & Improvement
- Leading research delivered in events and reports on latest technology, methods and thinking
- Open and transparent expertise available to provide awareness and identify opportunities for ongoing improvement
View our full range of events and training, or research and resources.